1. LAMB TARIFFS: Lobbying on the threat to NZ lamb imports is stepping up. Lockwood Smith and Tim Fisher are meeting this afternoon with farmers in Canterbury. APEC trade ministers are meeting in Auckland next week.
2. WHANGANUI RIVER CLAIM: Fish and Game NZ believe joint management of the Whanganui River is acceptable provided there are safeguards.
3. FOOD PARCELS: Auckland City Mission says the demand for food parcels has risen dramatically.
4. FRENCH JAILBREAK: Dramatic jail break in France. A helicopter picked up some prisoners from a prison and a gun-fight ensued.
5. MURDOCH WEDS: Media baron Rupert Murdoch has been married on a yacht in New York.