TV1 6pm News (first segment)
1. PETROL PRICES - There’s a traffic jam at service at service stations as all the mjaor petrol retailers increase prices by three cents a litre and there are fears there are more to come because of the international crude oil price bing driven up by low production and higher demand from Asia.
2. CPI - While petrol is growing up other prices are going down, the latest statistics show a drop in food prices and general inflation is low with just a 0.2% rise in the last quarter with deflation for the year as a whole. One analyst say interest rates are on hold.
3. RESCUE - An 18 month old girl is in a stable condition after a dramatic rescue from her burning home. The fireman who saved her
4. EVICTION An Auckland pensioner faces trespass charges after he was evicted from his home for refusing to pay market rents for the past six years. Housing New Zealand say he owes about $6,500 dollars and they have to pay for repairs and redecorating as well.
5. WATSON TRIAL - A jury has heard evidence that Scott Watson was propositioning women the night Ben Smart and Olivia Hope disappeared.
MEDICAL TREATMENT - New digital equipment is allowing
doctors to identify where epilepsy is taking place in the
brain and allow them to operate it to remove