1. WINZ TRAVEL: Beneficiary groups a furious over allegations a WINZ manager spent thousands on travel spending for senior staff. Greypowers President says the incident is very embarrassing. Sue Bradford says it is not the first time something like this has happened. Another 120 managers have had their conference postponed.
2. DRUNK DRIVING: Police say driver who went the wrong way up a motorway onramp and who was involved in a fatal accident had earlier been breathtested.
3. NZ FIRST CONVENTION: 300 NZ First faithful have made an upbeat start to their convention in Auckland.
4. RURAL MEDICINE: New study says some rural doctors are so exhausted they feel unable to practice safe medicine. A report says doctors would not encourage others to work in rural areas.
5. KOSOVO: UN refugee agency says it is stunned by the ferocity of the Kosovar Albanian revenge attacks on minority groups in Kosovo.
6. NORTHERN IRELAND: Efforts are being made in Northern Ireland to get the peace process back on track. Recriminations were inevitable after the failure in the process recently but the Brits aren't portioning blame. The UK PM and Irish PM will meet next week to map out next phase of process. Talking will go on.
7. NZ POST AND SA: NZ Post International has won a multi-million deal to run South Africa's postal service for three years. NZ Post already has deals with Botswana and Trinidad and Tobago. 78 staff will be seconded from NZ to South Africa.
8. FAT RESEARCH: Auckland
researcher is investigating why Polynesian men are larger
than pakeha men. All NZers are getting fatter but some NZers
are getting fatter