POLICE PROBE: The Sunday Star Times leads with a report that police bosses are probing allegations o misconduct in a South Island station following an SST investigation. The allegations concern relationships between Greymouth police and deer poachers.
RUGBY: The front-page photo shows All Black half-back Justin Marshall savouring the Australian error which led to New Zealand's only test try yesterday.
Also on the front-page
- PAUL HOLMES TELLS ALL: a banner report (pointing to a full-page front of focus piece) into Paul Holmes new tell-all autobiography in which he gushes about Hinemoa Elder and portrays Fleur Revell as a shameless hussy. Revell apparently hasn't red the book but is horrified about what she has heard about it.
- LEGAL AID: a report that the government plans to reform legal aid, abolishing lawyer's domination of the system and aiming to save taxpayers $15 million a year.
- FIJI CRASH: a report that a Chinese New Zealander is among the 17 people who died when an Air Fiji plane crashed yesterday;
- TAURANGA PUPIL ABUSE: a report that parents of children at the centre of a teacher abuse inquiry in Tauranga say they do not want the teacher to work in a classroom again - the teacher allegedly taped pupils mouths shut and hit them with rulers;
- JFK JUNIOR: a report into America's farewell to a beloved son;
- WINZ: a report that three government agencies have cancelled conferences at exclusive North Island resorts following controversy over lavish spending by WINZ;
- WTO: a report by National Affair's Editor Pattrick Smellie into the "extraordinary rise of Mike Moore";
WINZ: The editorial argues something has gone seriously wrong in the a managerial fantasyland at Winz.
- PAUL HOLMES: Phil Taylor reports on Paul Holme's biography;
- WINZ: Ruth Laugeson discusses WINZ;
- AUSTRALIA: A report that Australia thinks they have it right while lil-ole-NZ got it's reforms wrong;
- WINZ: Frank Haden discusses WINZ.