TV3 news - 146 Days To New Millennium
- BOYS COLD ORDEAL: An 8-year-old Queenstown boy is back in the warm after going missing on Coronet Peak overnight. Hamish spent 8 hours alone, lost in the dark in the freezing cold. He had been night-skiing. Every parents nightmare says dad. A searcher found him at 4.10am. Parents had clothed him warmly. Family sent heartfelt thanks to searchers.
- ASSASSINATION: Samoan community divided on death penalty for the killer of a Samoan cabinet minister who plead guilty today. Reporters says there was a feeling of relief in the court as the shooter plead guilty and was immediately sentenced to death. Other two men charged will appear
- POLICE SHOOTING: Man shot by police on Friday has gone under emergency surgery today. Police say the man advanced towards police with the knife too fast. Family have seen the man but he is unconscious.
- POLICE CRASH: Auckland woman injured as car collided with a police dog van.
- PENSIONER JAILED: 90-year-old pensioner jailed in England for killing a two while driving at night with poor vision.
- CHOCOLATE Chocolate is good for cancer.
- EDINBURGH TATOO: Wellington's hosting of the Edinburgh tatoo at the Wellington 2000 arts festival is formally announced in Edinburgh. First time in 50 years the tatoo has moved off-shore.