TV1 6pm News
1. TURKEY - A grim reality has forced a change of tactis in Turkey. The death toll has risen to 12,00, but it is expected to rise to 40,000 in the next few days as missing people are declared dead. There have been few miracles amongst the rubble and efforts are now turning to help the survivors threatened by disease. Contaminated water borne disease is the biggest threat as people live outdoors in unsanitary conditions. Many are living outside from fear of more quakes, but 200,000 people have been made homeless with more than 60,000 destroyed or damaged.
2. ROAD DEATHS - Seven people have died on the roads over the weekend.
3. TORNADO - Residents of a Christchurch suburb are cleaning up after a mini-tornado damaged roofs, power poles and trees.
4. GPS - Boaties are reporting smooth sailing after the Global Positioning System rolled over in a precursor to the Year 2000 bug. Some older systems failed, but no problems have been reported.
5. WHEELCHAIR KARATE - A man
in a wheelchair has a black belt in