1. EAST TIMOR - Indonesia says extra troop have been sent to East Timor to help control violence. So far the troops have been conspicuous by their absence. More violence is expected in the run up to the announcement of the ballot. Militia are in control of much of the country.
2. PILOTS - The association representing airline pilots says Ansett has broken the Civil Aviation Act by serving lock out notices on some pilots.
3. DIANA - French judges investigating the death of princess Diana have blamed her driver, they also say there is no case to answer from the nine photographers chasing her car.
4. ABSENTEES - School principals in the North Shore say parents are taking their kids out of school more often to take them on holiday.
5. CORONERS - Greater co-ordination between coroners and other organisation is expected as a result of a conference in Wellington today.
6. STUDENT DEBTS - NZ First is promoting a plan to
allow students to work to pay off student debt by providing
services in areas lacking