1. DNA SAMPLING - National has said it will allow police to take DNA Samples off suspects without their permission. It has polarised opinion. Police will need permission from a judge currently only allowed in violent crimes, now suspected burglars as well. Political reaction is mixed.
2. PREBBLE - ACT may have been campaigning on law and order, but leader Richard Prebble ended up gettting a parking ticket when his campaign bus was given a $40 fine. Mr Prebble also had to move his soapbox when security staff at BNZ moved him on.
3. AMERICA'S CUP - Human error under pressure has been blamed for the mast snapping on yacht Nippon during racing in the America's Cup series.
4. CONTRACEPTIVE - A new contraceptive is coming on to the market. The injected implant stops women becoming pregnant for three years. It is being released this week in Britain.
5. ALIEN FROG - Scientists in Auckland are
searching for an Australian banjo frog in the Auckland area.
The illegal alien is considered a threat to native