ACC Transfers - Wakeboarding - Waitangi Day Commemorations - Stolen Handbag - Double Money ATM - Petrol Prices - Politics
ACC TRANSFERS: The Evening Post leads today with a report that hundreds of accident compensation beneficiaries living in the Wellington region have had their case files transferred as far afield as Dunedin in the past few weeks.
WAKEBOARDING: The front-page photo shows wakeboarder Paul Russell - from Auckland - inverted above Wellington Harbour.
Also on the front:
- WAITANGI DAY COMMEMORATIONS: a report that the committee organising Treaty of Waitangi commemorations at Waitangi is upset the Government will not make a full return to the Treaty Grounds to start the new millennium;
- STOLEN HANDBAG: a report that a woman who had a handbag stolen six years ago now has it back - 13 long lost hand-bags have been found;
- DOUBLE MONEY ATM: a report that the National Bank is calling on customers who were mistakenly given a double dose of dollars by a faulty ATM at the weekend to give it back - but it can't force them to;
- PETROL PRICES: a report that three large petrol companies have yet to decide whether they will follow shell's lead in raising petrol prices from midnight tonight.
POLITICS: Inside political headlines:
defends treaty stance;
- ACT coy on tax-cut funding;
- Greens want tax changes
- Kiwis can small a rat, says Peters;
- Don't hammer wealthy - jobless voter;
- MMP biggest risk to business - Sir William