1. FAHEY - The former Deputy mayor of Christchurch, Morgan Fahey, has resigned after a long career. He is currently facing charges of sexual assault.
2. CYBER-ATTACKS - There is fear cyber-terrorists will use the millennium to launch computer viruses disguised as Y2K problems.
3. RECOUNTS - NZ First can rest easy after a recount of Tauranga confirmed Winston Peters as MP. Meanwhile ACT has asked for a recount in Rangatekei in an attempt to delay the beginning of Parliament.
4. US/NZ - The new US Ambassador has arrived. The controversial former senator will meet the PM on Friday in the continuing difficult relationship between NZ and the USA. First up is the new Government's desire to cancel the purchase of F16 fighters.
5. CYCLONE - The most powerful cyclone ever to hit Australia has caused no major damage as it runs into the little populated North West of Australia.
6. BALLOON RECORD - Australian entrepreneur and aviator, Dick Smith, is to launch an attempt at an unknown long distance ballooning record from the far north of NZ in the new year.