Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 21 March
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Paraphrased answers to these questions will be published shortly after 3pm in the Headlines wire.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER - Tuesday, 21 March 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon. Jenny Shipley to the Prime Minister: Will she assure this House that the announced review of New Zealand's defence capability will not lead to us bludging off our neighbours and allies, nor lead to our forces being put into active service without access to full naval and air support?
2. David Cunliffe to the Minister of Finance: What do the latest reports on the Government's revenue flows indicate?
3. Hon. Ken Shirley to the Minister responsible for Timberlands West Coast Ltd: Does he agree with his colleague, Damien O'Connor, who is reported as saying that "no sensible person could argue against the State-owned enterprise employing Mr Richards to finish work no-one else could do" and "There's been a number of statements from Pete Hodgson which in my view are very unhelpful, provocative and don't accurately reflect the reality of the forestry industry."?
4. H V Ross Robertson to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: Has he received any recent reports that identify skill shortages in New Zealand; if so, what do those reports say?
5. Dr Wayne Mapp to the Minister of Defence: How much has the Cabinet decided to compensate Vote Defence for the decision to transfer the land used by the Navy at HMNZS Tamaki into a public reserve?
6. Kevin Campbell to the Minister for Economic Development: What concerns does he have about the impact on economic development of the current level of petrol prices?
7. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: Further to her statement that "the success of the ERA will be measured by how well the parties work together over time to develop productive relationships", what does she consider to be the measure of whether the parties are working together in this way?
8. Hon. Peter Dunne to the Minister of Education: What impact will the abolition of bulk funding of teachers' salaries have on bulk-funded schools?
9. Hon. Tony Ryall to the Minister of Forestry: Are his comments that the employment of Kit Richards is "untenable" a reflection, with respect to his portfolio responsibilities, of a Government policy that all public servants must agree with the Prime Minister?
10. Graham Kelly to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What progress has been made towards a lasting peace in Bougainville?
11. Hon. Roger Sowry to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: When did he write to the Minister of State Services asking him to include the question of whether it was appropriate for consultants to act as managers of Government departments in the review of Work and Income New Zealand?
12. Martin Gallagher to the Minister of Education: What progress has been made towards allocating unused bulk-funding money from the 1999/2000 financial year to centrally resourced schools?