Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 22 March
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Paraphrased answers to these questions will be published shortly after 3pm in the Headlines wire.
Wednesday, 22 March 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Ron Mark to the Minister of Police: What initiatives is he taking to improve the personal safety of families living in remote farming communities?
2. Dr Wayne Mapp to the Minister of Defence: How will he ensure New Zealand has an effective Air Force since, in the words of an Air Force pilot, they are "absolutely gutted" and that the decision to cancel the F16 contract "does ask questions about the future of the air attack force"?
3. Mark Peck to the Minister of Revenue: Does he have any concerns that a new permanent Commissioner of Inland Revenue has not been appointed?
4. Dr Muriel Newman to the Minister of Immigration: How much is it costing taxpayers per day to keep Alexander Tishkovets in Mt Eden Prison, and is it fair to keep him locked up indefinitely because Tajikistan, his home country, is incapable of providing him with travel documents?
5. Taito Phillip Field to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What initiatives does the Government intend to take to give young people opportunities to gain skills and job prospects?
6. Hon. Tony Ryall to the Minister of Justice: Will the Government fund the legal representations of the Christchurch Civic Creche families to the ministerial inquiry into the Peter Ellis convictions?
7. Rod Donald to the Minister responsible for Timberlands West Coast Ltd: Can he give a date when Timberlands West Coast Ltd's rimu logging will end?
8. Simon Power to the Minister of Broadcasting: Is she satisfied with the performance of the board of Television New Zealand?
9. H V Ross Robertson to the Minister of Education: Why has he decided to introduce a school certificate examination in the Chinese language?
10. Phil Heatley to the Minister responsible for Timberlands West Coast Ltd: What instructions did he give to Mr Warren Young during his 45-minute meeting yesterday with respect to the most recent employment of Mr Kit Richards?
11. David Cunliffe to the Minister for the Environment: On this United Nations-designated World Day for Water could she advise what steps have been taken to improve water quality at our beaches and waterways?
12. Hon. John Luxton to
the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: Has he
made any representations to the Minister of Finance
regarding Government investment in industry and regional