Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 5 April
Today's questions for oral answer. Paraphrased answers to these questions will be posted in the Headlines wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 5 April 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Mark Peck to the Minister of Revenue: Has the Government made any announcements on tax policy today?
2. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Minister of Health: Has the Health Funding Authority made offers for funds to Auckland Healthcare and Pacific Health; if so, do those offers represent an increase or a decrease in the funding available compared to the year ending 30 June 2000?
3. Dianne Yates to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What has been the response of the tertiary education sector to the announcement that Norman Kingsbury has been appointed to chair the Tertiary Education Advisory Commission?
4. Rodney Hide to the Prime Minister: Did her preliminary investigations into the Waipareira Trust include investigating the allegation that on the Trust there are "thieves and drug addicts"; if not, why not?
5. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Minister of Fisheries: Further to oral question No. 1, on 1 September 1999, and written question No. 4663 (2000), were any Ministry of Fisheries employees interviewed; if so, what were their names?
6. Anne Tolley to the Minister of Women's Affairs: What steps is she taking to draft legislation to force the promotion of women into senior positions in the private sector, as described by the Prime Minister in last night's Evening Post?
7. Keith Locke to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Does the Government support Oxfam International's Global Campaign for Education to enable the 125 million children currently out of school world-wide to get a full primary education; if so, what will be the Government's contribution to this campaign?
8. Hon. Dr Nick Smith to the Minister for the Environment: Has she been informed of any directions given to her officials by the Prime Minister, the Office of the Prime Minister or the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet regarding the establishment of a Royal Commission of Inquiry into Genetic Modification?
9. Helen Duncan to the Minister of Education: Why does Parliament have to pass legislation to end bulk-funding of schools rather than allowing them to complete their contracts?
10. Phil Heatley to the Minister of Finance: Will the Government be offering the West Coast perpetual cutting rights and control of Timberlands West Coast exotic forests, as provided for in Labour's package for the West Coast; if not, why not?
11. David Cunliffe to the Minister of Energy: Why has the Government decided to support the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Bill sponsored by Jeanette Fitzsimons?
12. Hon. Marie Hasler to the Minister of Immigration: What assurance can she give overstayers who have applied for residency that their cases will be dealt with on the same basis as the Mila family case?