Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday May 9 2000
TUESDAY, 9 MAY 2000
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any advice in relation to delegations made to the Overseas Investment Commission by the previous Government?
2. Rt Hon JENNY SHIPLEY to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by the statement in relation to the Waitara shooting, attributed to her last week, that relationships between the police in Taranaki and Maori "undoubtedly had a bearing on this tragedy"?
3. WILLIE JACKSON to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What regional development initiatives will be taken this month?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister for Economic Development: Given his concern "that we never get a long, sustained period of economic development because monetary policy is used to kill it off", what role does he intend playing in the upcoming review of monetary policy?
5. MAHARA OKEROA to the Minister of Communications: What reports, if any, has he received on proposals to encourage Maori economic development as a means of closing "the social and economic gaps between Maori and other New Zealanders"?
6. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Police: What did he mean when he said, of the Waitara shooting, "I believe it is inappropriate for politicians to interfere, whether by comment of known facts or opinion, while the investigations are underway"?
7. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Prime Minister: With reference to Hon Dr Michael Cullen's statement on Thursday 4 May that "nobody in the House is now arguing for an immediate cessation of the rimu contracts", will she confirm that in all communications with her the Green Party has argued for a prompt and urgent end to all rimu logging by Timberlands West Coast Ltd?
8. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Minister of Police: Does he believe that the police homicide inquiry, the Police Complaints Authority investigation and a coroner's inquiry will be able to adequately report on the Waitara shooting; if not, why not?
9. JILL PETTIS to the Minister of Energy: What steps has the Government taken recently to meet New Zealand's obligations under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change?
10. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister responsible for Ministerial Services: Is it correct that she is offering media training by Dr Brian Edwards and Judy Callingham to her Ministers?
11. GRAHAM KELLY to the Minister of Labour: Has she received any reports regarding representations on the Employment Relations Bill?
12. Hon MAX BRADFORD to the Minister of
Labour: Will she seek to delay the implementation date of
the Employment Relations Bill to allow submissioners to
present their oral