Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 18 May
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 18 May 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon. Bill English to the Treasurer: With the continued slide in the New Zealand dollar and recent drop in business confidence about the outlook for the economy, what actions does he intend taking to ease the concerns of New Zealanders and the international investment community?
2. Mahara Okeroa to the Minister of Justice: What criteria does the Race Relations Conciliator apply when making recommendations on allegations of racism under the Human Rights Act?
3. Dr Muriel Newman to the Minister of Housing: How will he eliminate the waiting list for State housing that he has said the Government's housing policy will create?
4. Grant Gillon to the Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade (Official Development Assistance): What did the OECD's Development Assistance Committee Peer Review Report released earlier this week say about New Zealand's Official Development Assistance programme?
5. Hon. John Luxton to the Minister for Economic Development: How is it credible for him as Minister for Economic Development to say that monetary policy is "putting an axe into the economy" while the Minister of Finance supports the actions of the Reserve Bank?
6. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: When, and in what form, does the Government anticipate receiving the $50 million that Airways Corporation claims it will earn for New Zealand taxpayers from the joint venture overseas with Lockheed Martin?
7. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: What rights do employees have under the Employment Relations Bill to choose their own representatives for collective and individual employment agreement bargaining?
8. Sue Kedgley to the Minister of Health: Will she be recommending, because of health issues, that parents discourage their children from using cell phones; if not, why not?
9. Hon. Georgina te Heuheu to the Minister of Mori Affairs: How will the decision to give a pan-Maori trust exclusive rights to purchase radio spectrum close the gaps for Maori living in communities like the East Coast, the Far North and the Volcanic Plateau?
10. Georgina Beyer to the Minister of Mori Affairs: Has he received any reports that concern him as the Minister of Maori Affairs?
11. Hon. Roger Sowry to the Prime Minister: When and how was she made aware that the Ministry of Maori Development report of 3 May entitled Relationship between Police and Maori in Taranaki contained inaccuracies?
12. David Benson-Pope to the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage: What were the factors which led to the cultural recovery package announced today?