Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 22 June
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Paraphrased answers to these questions will be posted in the Headlines wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL
Thursday, 22 June 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon. Ken Shirley to the Minister of Health: Does she accept the overall findings of the latest World Health Report 2000 released by the World Health Organisation this week, including the rating of our health system at 41st; if not, why not?
2. Damien O'Connor to the Minister of Finance: How will the West Coast package, signed yesterday, contribute to a positive future for the West Coast?
3. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Prime Minister: When she said yesterday that the Minister of Maori Affairs raised with her in January of this year the allegation of sexual impropriety, did he also raise with her the matters that he now refers to as "blackmail"; if not, when did she become aware of the "blackmail" allegations?
4. Jeanette Fitzsimons to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Is it appropriate for New Zealand diplomatic posts to be distributing a questionnaire which asks "How organised are the opponents of GE in your country? Please describe in some detail their tactics, methods of operation, political connections, etc., and rate their effectiveness."; if so, why?
5. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Prime Minister: Is it correct that in January this year the only actions she took as Prime Minister in relation to the allegations involving Hon Dover Samuels, were to seek and accept an assurance from him; if so, were these actions consistent with her statement in April 1999 that "The Labour Government will set new standards - both in terms of behaviour and performance"?
6. Judy Keall to the Minister of Health: According to the World Health Report 2000, how does the New Zealand health system compare internationally?
7. Hon. Georgina te Heuheu to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: Can he give an assurance that there will be no further delays in appointing the new Commissioners to the Treaty of Waitangi Fisheries Commission?
8. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Prime Minister: Having regard to written question No 10307 (2000), in the name of Rodney Hide, has any ACT member lodged with her office or any of her Ministers, allegations of a criminal offence against a Labour member other than the matter discussed in Parliament yesterday; if so, what action has she taken?
9. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: What specific and measurable outcomes will she use to judge the success of the Employment Relations Bill by, and within what timetable?
10. Mita Ririnui to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What is the Government doing to address skills shortages?
11. Hon. John Luxton to the Minister of Housing: Does the Government intend to sell any State houses or is there a permanent freeze on State house sales?
12. David Cunliffe to the Minister of Commerce: What steps is the Government taking to promote e-commerce in New Zealand?