Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 27 June 2000
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Paraphrased answers to these questions will be posted in the Headlines wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL
Tuesday, 27 June 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Jeanette Fitzsimons to the Minister for the Environment: Has the Government changed the previous Government's negotiating instructions to officials involved in climate change negotiations; if so, what were the key changes made?
2. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Prime Minister: Did she receive any correspondence relating to the sexual allegations against Hon Dover Samuels before the letter from the ACT leader; if so, on what date and what action did she take?
3. Luamanuvao Winnie Laban to the Minister of Immigration: Has she received any complaints about immigration consultants; if so, what steps is she taking to address these complaints?
4. Annabel Young to the Minister of Revenue: What is the difference between a child's income from a trust, taxed at a flat rate of 33%, and a child's income from a bank account, taxed at the appropriate marginal rate?
5. Kevin Campbell to the Minister of Conservation: What action will she take as a result of a Greenpeace petition she received yesterday for a South Pacific whale sanctuary?
6. Hon. Dr Nick Smith to the Prime Minister: Does she agree with the Minister of Consumer Affairs that the Australian Prime Minister, Mr John Howard, is an "alarmist fearmonger" in relation to the cost of labelling for genetically modified foods?
7. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Was an Airways Corporation Air Traffic Management Review released in September 1999; if so, does it provide the criteria to be followed when considering the installation of new operational equipment, including the process and timing for tendering?
8. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: What organisations and individuals has she consulted within the last month regarding changes to the Employment Relations Bill?
9. Jill Pettis to the Minister for the Environment: What commitment has the Government given in the Budget to the protection of biodiversity on private land?
10. Stephen Franks to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): How does he intend to decide which competing courses and institutions to close when competition between tertiary education institutions is stamped out as reported in the Otago Daily Times of 23 June 2000?
11. Harry Duynhoven to the Minister of Transport: What is the Government doing to increase public transport usage?
12. John Carter to the Minister of Health: Has she received any reports about reductions in funding for Northland Health for the next financial year?