NZ First Regrets East Timor Tragedy
New Zealand First has expressed regret at the death of
Private Leonard Manning in East Timor and has offered
condolences to his family and fellow serving
Defence spokesperson, Ron Mark, said that
Private Manning was typical of the many young New Zealanders
trying to bring peace to a troubled nation.
“He knew full
well the dangers he faced but like all soldiers saw it as
his duty to serve in East Timor.
“My heart goes out to his
family and his colleagues in their time of sorrow,’ said Ron
Contact Ron Mark: 04 470
© Scoop Media
Terror in NZ: Mosques Attacked in Christchurch
• There have been two attacks at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque next to Hagley Park, and at the Linwood Masjid Mosque in the suburb of Linwood, ChristchurchFor the Latest: Scoop Search - Christchurch
• Police commissioner says 50 confirmed dead in Christchurch terrorist attacks. One man charged with murder appeared in court on Saturday, two more apprehended - working to understand their involvement
• PM Jacinda Ardern has described it as a "terrorist attack" by those holding extremist views. She says NZ's gun laws will change.
• The national security threat level has been increased from low to high.
• Commissioner Bush said there were explosive devices attached to one vehicle that were stopped by police and these have been made safe by Defence Force personnel.
Parliament's Condolences: PM's Statement On Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack
Al salam Alaikum. Peace be upon you. And peace be upon all of us.
Mr Speaker the 15th of March will now forever be a day etched in our collective memories... More>>
Gordon Campbell: On Why The Government Shouldn't Run The Christchurch Massacre Inquiry
At Cabinet yesterday, the promised changes to our gun laws cleared their first hurdle. According to PM Jacinda Ardern, Cabinet agreed collectively “in principle” on a set of proposals to change New Zealand’s gun laws... Yesterday, Ardern also announced an inquiry into the background to the mosque attacks and into the role played by the SIS, GCSB, Police, Customs, and Immigration. More>>