Questions Of The Day - Wednesday, 26 July 2000
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Answers will be published shortly after 3pm in the Headlines Wire.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 26 July 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Helen Duncan to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received regarding adult literacy problems?
2. Gerry Brownlee to the Prime Minister: In order to assure herself that no Minister was implicated in leaking details of a police inquiry, has she taken any steps to investigate the assertions made by the political editor of Radio New Zealand on Monday 24 July that he was told by a Labour Party politician that "the reason the Police report into Dover Samuels was held up was because a new allegation of rape has been made and that that was being investigated"?
3. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement on TVNZ's Face the Nation, 13 July 2000, with reference to the member for Hauraki "John Tamihere discloses absolutely and I commend him for that"?
4. Hon. Tony Ryall to the Minister of Housing: How many Community Housing Ltd properties are rented to women's refuges?
5. Sue Bradford to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: Will he confer with the Minister for the Environment on the Environmental Risk Management Authority's decision to allow the insertion of human genes in cows, which overrides the advice of the local hapu Ngati Wairere and ERMA's Maori advisory committee?
6. Donna Awatere Huata to the Minister of Education: How will he know whether "homework" centres have made any difference to gaps in educational achievement when there are apparently no benchmarks, no standards, and no national assessments?
7. Damien O'Connor to the Minister for Rural Affairs: What reports has he received on the past and current situation of rural New Zealand?
8. Rt Hon. Simon Upton to the Associate Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage: What is the nature of the discussions she referred to yesterday in the House being conducted between the Ministry for Culture and Heritage and the Heart of the Nation panel, concerning final payment for its report?
9. Luamanuvao Winnie Laban to the Minister of Pacific Island Affairs: What actions has he taken to ensure that Pacific communities in New Zealand are informed about the Government's closing the gaps strategy?
10. Dr Lynda Scott to the Minister of Health: What factors did she take into account when allowing Wairau Hospital to lease a ward to a private trust?
11. Kevin Campbell to the Associate Minister of Commerce: What progress is being made to improve the security of payment of subcontractors in the building industry?
12. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: Does she intend to circulate a Supplementary Order Paper, when the Employment Relations Bill is reported back to the House, that will require employees who are union members to be covered by a collective agreement, or will union members be able to be covered by an individual agreement as the bill presently provides?