QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER - Tuesday, 1 August 2000
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Answers will be published shortly after 3pm in the Headlines Wire.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 1 August 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her answer to my supplementary question to Oral Question No 3 of 26 July 2000, "Approximately 5 years ago Mr Tamihere's counsel, at his request, briefed me fully on the general matters that the member has alluded to. I saw the full statement of defence."?
2. Bob Simcock to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What action, if any, does he intend to take to deal with Child, Youth and Family Service staff who were involved in removing a child from Palmerston North to Kaikohe and who is now hospitalised because of alleged abuse by the caregiver entrusted with her care and protection?
3. Nanaia Mahuta to the Associate Minister of Education: What are the key findings of the Special Education Review, released today?
4. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: What recourse under the Employment Relations Bill will employees, who do not wish to become union members, have to negotiate their own collective agreements?
5. Graham Kelly to the Minister of Labour: Has she received any reports on the contents of the Employment Relations Bill?
6. Belinda Vernon to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: Does he believe that the special benefit is an entitlement or a discretionary benefit?
7. Sue Bradford to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What is the Department of Work and Income's best estimate of the number of people who meet the formula assessment criteria set out in the Ministerial Special Benefit Directive?
8. Rodney Hide to the Minister of Labour: In relation to clause 65(3)(ii) of the Employment Relations Bill, what is the Government's policy on protection of employees from "disadvantage" should a business be sold, transferred or contracted out?
9. Janet Mackey to the Minister of Police: Has he received any information from the New Zealand Police on response times to burglary offences?
10. Gerry Brownlee to the Prime Minister: Has she or any member of her staff made any inquiry to ascertain the identity of the Labour politician who reportedly leaked news of rape allegations against Dover Samuels to the political editor of Radio New Zealand?
11. Mita Ririnui to the Associate Minister of Social Services and Employment (Social Services): What steps has the Government taken to ensure that policy development is addressing the needs of whanau, hapu and iwi?
12. Annabel Young to the Minister of Revenue: How much will the new Fringe Benefit Tax rules cost small and medium-sized businesses in higher taxes and higher compliance costs?