Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 16 August
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 16 August 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Mark Peck to the Minister of Revenue: Has the Inland Revenue Department had any success in preventing people from failing to provide necessary information for the administration of the tax system?
2. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Minister of Health: What action does she intend to take to avert the impending junior doctors strike?
3. Steve Chadwick to the Minister of Health: What steps is the Government taking to increase the rate of immunisation against whooping cough?
4. Hon. Richard Prebble to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: Is the article in the Dominion, 14 August, accurate where it is reported that "the Singaporeans remain uneasy about the Government's precedent-setting requirement that the [free trade] accord will be subject to the Treaty of Waitangi"; if so, what is the Government up to?
5. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Attorney-General: Will she be reviewing the process by which Queen's Counsel are appointed; if so, why?
6. Hon. Murray McCully to the Minister of Local Government: Does she stand by her earlier statements indicating that she did not inappropriately interfere in the Rodney District Council dispute by making contact with the Deputy Mayor and asking him not to resign?
7. John Tamihere to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: What reports has he received supporting the proposed Singapore Free Trade Agreement?
8. Rt Hon. Simon Upton to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: Further to his reply to oral question No 7 yesterday, which version of Article One of the Treaty of Waitangi does the Government rely on in the exercise of its sovereign responsibilities?
9. Hon. Roger Sowry to the Prime Minister: Why did she not ask Dover Samuels for a Privacy Act waiver in order to view his full police record?
10. Jeanette Fitzsimons to the Minister for the Environment: Has a climate change impact assessment been undertaken on the recommendations of the report of the Inquiry into the Electricity Industry; if not, why not?
11. Georgina Beyer to the Minister of Fisheries: Is the Government releasing a public discussion paper on aquaculture reform this week; if so, why?
12. Hon. John Luxton to the Minister for Economic Development: By what specific employment indicators will he judge the success of his "jobs machine", and what levels of those indicators will indicate success?