Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 22 August 200
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 22 August 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Judy Keall to the Minister of Finance: What is the purpose of his proposed New Zealand Superannuation funding scheme?
2. Rt Hon. Jenny Shipley to the Minister of Health: Is it correct that Northland Health has had its total revenue cut for this year; if so, how does she expect Northland Health to fund a settlement of its week-long junior doctors' strike and deal with other staff shortages?
3. Kevin Campbell to the Minister for Economic Development: What progress has been made in the development of a strategy for major events under the auspices of Industry New Zealand and the Ministry of Economic Development?
4. Hon. Dr Nick Smith to the Minister of Conservation: Did she promise Mr Tame Iti, during a private visit to the Urewera National Park over the Christmas-New Year holiday break, funding for the Maungapohatu Road and exclusive Maori camping areas within the national park before seeking advice from her department?
5. Tim Barnett to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What recent reports has he received on the impact of tertiary fee increases on participation in the tertiary sector?
6. Hon. Peter Dunne to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: Will the Commissioner for Children be reimbursed for the about $9,000 his office spent to enable a young drug patient to receive treatment at Queen Mary Hospital, Hanmer Springs; if not, why not?
7. Rodney Hide to the Minister for Economic Development: How will the Investment Ready Scheme assist the country's economic development?
8. Hon. Georgina te Heuheu to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: Did he summon the head of Women's Refuge, Merepeka Raukawa-Tait, to a meeting with himself and his Associate Minister Tariana Turia at which Ms Raukawa-Tait was reportedly told to "pull her head in"?
9. Jill Pettis to the Minister of Education: What factors does he take into account when making decisions on school closures and area reviews of schooling?
10. Hon. Tony Ryall to the Associate Minister of Justice: What is the quantity of a significant disparity in the future earning capacities of two separating spouses which would permit a judge to award a lump sum payment to one spouse from the other spouse's share of matrimonial property under her proposed changes to the Matrimonial Property Act?
11. Steve Chadwick to the Minister for Senior Citizens: What steps is she taking to develop a positive aging strategy for New Zealand?
12. Dr Wayne Mapp to the Minister of Defence: How will the Government ensure that the Air Force and Navy are properly equipped to maintain comprehensive maritime surveillance of the South-West Pacific region?
Tuesday, 22 August 2000
Question to Member
1. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: Why did she instruct the clerk of the committee to advertise for submissions on the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Bill by 22 September, before the committee or Opposition members had been consulted on the matter?