Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 7 September
Paraphrased Answers will be posted in the Scoops wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 7 September 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. JOHN WRIGHT to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What will be the effect on Alexandra and the Central Otago region of the deed signed between the Government and Contact Energy today?
2. Rt Hon JENNY SHIPLEY to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any advice about how much the costs faced by New Zealand families have increased since he became Minister of Finance, following the election?
3. CHRIS CARTER to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Has he received any reports on the situation in the West Timor refugee camps; if so, what do they say about West Timor and the implications for security in East Timor?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister for Economic Development: Do the figures for the year to June reporting the highest level of New Zealanders leaving the country in the past decade indicate any response to his election night call for "those New Zealanders of talent and skill to come home and rebuild this nation" and how does this affect economic development?
5. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Fisheries: What criteria will he use to determine whether an overseas company applying to own New Zealand fishing quota is "of good character" in terms of section 57(4)(a) of the Fisheries Act 1996?
6. Hon MAURICE WILLIAMSON to the Minister of Health: Does she plan to compensate the health sector for the rise in pharmaceutical costs they will encounter as a result of the significant decline in the New Zealand dollar?
7. GRAHAM KELLY to the Minister of Defence: What role did New Zealand Defence Force personnel play in last night's rescue operation of aid workers in Timor?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Conservation: Did she request that she officiate at the opening of the art gallery in the Urewera National Park visitor centre, and did she request that Tuhoe art be on display in the gallery on that occasion?
9. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: What has been the total cost to date of the Police inquiry into allegations made against Dover Samuels which have now been cleared?
10. BOB SIMCOCK to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: How does he reconcile his answer to oral question No. 6 on 22 August that "the Commissioner [for Children] was advised on a number of occasions on the proper action to take in relation to that young person, and did not take it" with the Commissioner's reported comments that he had never been given any advice on the boy that he had not followed?
11. JANET MACKEY to the Minister of Agriculture: What were the factors that led to the introduction of the five million dollar Sustainable Farming Fund, and how does it further the Government's commitment to rural communities and their wellbeing?
12. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Attorney-General: In light of the reported statements that four Mongrel Mob former Mangaroa prison inmates have received an undisclosed sum, and an apology from the Crown, what is the exact amount of taxpayer's money awarded to each and the exact wording of the Crown's apology on behalf of all New Zealanders?
Question to Member
1. SIMON POWER to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: Has the committee decided to hold an inquiry into the cannabis issue?