Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 12 September
Paraphrased answers will be posted in the Scoops wire following question time.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 12 September 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. ROD DONALD to the Minister for Economic Development: How will the proposed Singapore Closer Economic Partnership affect the potential for economic development that respects labour rights, environmental standards and the control of foreign investment?
2. Rt Hon JENNY SHIPLEY to the Prime Minister: Will she agree to remove reference to "more favourable treatment for Maori", in the proposed free trade agreement with Singapore, in order to secure the support of a majority of Parliament for the agreement?
3. MARK PECK to the Minister of Finance: What statistics has he received on food costs faced by New Zealand families over the last 12 months?
4. Hon JOHN LUXTON to the Prime Minister: What did she mean when she said "we don't source anything like a major proportion of our imports from the US so the other currencies we import from we've still got a reasonable relationship with"?
5. HELEN DUNCAN to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What steps is the Government taking to ensure that the investment of students is protected where a private training establishment ceases to operate?
6. RODNEY HIDE to the Attorney-General: Who is correct about the payments to the four former inmates, the Hon Phil Goff when answering an oral question on behalf of the Attorney-General last week when he said "I am advised that the condition of confidentiality was imposed by the complainant", or the lawyer for the inmates who said that it was the Crown that insisted on confidentiality, and why won't the Minister tell taxpayers what the payments were?
7. JUDY KEALL to the Minister of Health: Has she received any reports describing the changes to the health sector which cause her concern; if so, what do those reports say?
8. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on foreign investment in New Zealand?
9. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Minister of Immigration: Will she meet with an all party delegation of members seeking to discover the coalition Government's policy with regard to overstayers; if so, when?
10. Rt Hon WYATT CREECH to the Minister for Disability Issues: Has she received reports on proposals to significantly reduce the daily rates the Government pays for long term geriatric residential hospital care; if so, how does she justify such a reduction?
11. DIANNE YATES to the Minister for Disability Issues: What are the positive aspects of the disability strategy discussion document as it relates to older people?
12. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Associate Minister of Health: Did she consider resigning last week; if so, why?