Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 12 October
Paraphrased answers to today's questions will be posted in the Scoops wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 12 October 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon JOHN LUXTON to the Minister responsible for Ministerial Services: How many staff in total were employed in ministerial offices in August this year compared with August 1999?
2. DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What reports has he received on the costs of legal advice provided to his department?
3. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Immigration: When was her office advised of the Immigration Service's intention to take action in regard to the Mila family?
4. HELEN DUNCAN to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received on the implementation of the Government's study support centre policy announced in the Budget?
5. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Finance: Why did he issue a statement last week in which he said the sharemarket seemed to be over-reacting to possible regulatory changes in the telecommunications sector?
6. IAN EWEN-STREET to the Minister of Communications: How will the Government ensure that whatever form of regulation is applied to the telecommunications industry, Telecom will not "once again be given license to rob the public blind" as a full page advertisement in today's New Zealand Herald suggests?
7. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Finance: Has he taken any steps to evaluate the effect of Government policies on export growth?
8. DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Commerce: When is the Government proposing to introduce the takeovers code?
9. DONNA AWATERE HUATA to the Minister of Education: What training has been provided to secondary school teachers in relation to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement, and is he satisfied that the training is of the highest standard?
10. LIZ GORDON to the Minister of Youth Affairs: What steps is the Government taking to improve the level of information available on young people's participation in the labour market?
11. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister assisting the Prime Minister on Auckland Issues: What recent advice or assistance has she given the Prime Minister in relation to the Auckland Region's proposal to acquire the rail corridor from Tranz Rail?
12. RON MARK to the Minister of Defence: Does he support a wage increase for military personnel serving in operational areas; if not, why not?