Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 22 November
Paraphrased answers to today's questions will be posted in the Scoops wire shortly after 3pm.
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 22 November 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: In light of yesterday's reported allegation that a $45 million legal threat hangs over Airways Corporation, along with a threat to have radar equipment removed from New Zealand, what actions is he taking to minimise the potential for this significant cost to be carried by the taxpayer and of any consequential disruption to air travellers?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: Will he follow Treasury advice that most of the proposed superannuation fund should be invested off shore?
3. MARK PECK to the Minister of Revenue: What factors have led to performance problems with IRD call centres?
4. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister of Maori Affairs: When was he advised that the Closing the Gaps programme was changing from "seeking better economic and social outcomes for Maori and Pacific peoples" to "focusing on low decile needs across the board" and what directions has he given to Te Puni Kokiri as a consequence of this change?
5. HARRY DUYNHOVEN to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What action is the Government taking to develop workplace learning opportunities involving schools and business?
6. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Education: Will students receiving reports on their results in the new National Certificate of Education Achievement get a percentage mark or percentile ranking?
7. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Minister of Police: Is it appropriate that Temuka police Sergeant Glen Smith is advising employers to use drug testing kits to test their workers when this is a complex area of employment law; if so, why?
8. PENNY WEBSTER to the Minister of Broadcasting: What is her response to the article in Tuesday's New Zealand Herald indicating that Television New Zealand is considering a digital and pay television joint venture with Australian-owned Telstra Saturn?
9. DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister for Sport, Fitness and Leisure: What response has he had to the announcement of sports scholarships for talented young sportspeople?
10. Hon MAX BRADFORD to the Minister of Labour: Has she received any reports pushing for a rise in the minimum wage?
11. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister responsible for the National Library: Why is the Government funding the National Library to run a library literacy programme in South Auckland?
12. Hon JOHN LUXTON to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: What environmental or trade guarantees were secured by the Government when granting tariff-free status into New Zealand for 48 countries?