Questions For Oral Answer - Questions to Ministers
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 5 December 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: What is the purpose of clause 73(3) of the New Zealand Superannuation Bill?
2. JILL PETTIS to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What is the Government doing to ensure that care services are provided for at-risk children?
3. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Minister of Immigration: Has she seen the reported statement by Australian Immigration Minister Phillip Ruddock saying "New Zealand has to focus on what it is that has led to a very significant movement of their own people." along with his intention to raise this issue with her; if so, what is her response?
4. IAN EWEN-STREET to the Minister of Health: Given that cases of bovine spongiform encaphalitis have recently been reported in 12 European countries, will she, for reasons of public health, extend the existing ban on British beef imports to imports of beef and sheep products from all of Europe and particularly to baby food containing beef or sheep products; if not, why not?
5. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Housing: In light of his comments last Friday when the Government's housing policy came into effect that he had received advice on the abatement rate and "one Ministry tells me that it's 91 cents, another Ministry tells me it's 75 cents", what is the actual abatement rate that State house tenants now face?
6. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Health: What steps is the Government taking to help overseas trained doctors to meet New Zealand practice requirements?
7. BELINDA VERNON to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What reports has he received regarding increases in the use of foodbanks in Auckland this year?
8. CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: What were the major outcomes of his recent trade mission to India and Nepal?
9. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister assisting the Prime Minister on Auckland Issues: In light of her statement of 22 December 1999 that she would "work with the Prime Minister to co-ordinate, develop and implement the policies that will allow Auckland to grow in a positive and dynamic fashion for the benefit of Auckland and the rest of New Zealand", does she expect to announce Government support for the Auckland region's proposal to acquire access to the Tranz Rail corridor before the deadline of 8 December?
10. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister of Energy: Has he received any recent reports regarding the success or otherwise of recent changes to the electricity industry; if so, what do they say?
11. STEPHEN FRANKS to the Minister in charge of the Public Trust Office: Will he investigate whether it is misleading or deceptive for the Public Trust Office to advertise "we'll make sure your will is carried out"; if not, why not?
12. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Maori Affairs: Is the Government's policy of reserving for Maori a quarter of the radio spectrum currently being auctioned still part of the Closing the Gaps programme?
Questions to Members
1. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Chairperson of the Law and Order Committee: How many extensions to the report back date of the Arms Amendment Bill (No 2) have been granted and when does she anticipate that this bill will be reported back to the House?