Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 6 December
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 6 December 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. MARK PECK to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he recently received about the state of the economy?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: What is his response to the comment from the Governor of the Reserve Bank that "the dichotomy between the rural and urban parts of the economy widened as the year progressed" and the "Signs are that this disparity is likely to persist over the near term"?
3. DIANNE YATES to the Minister of State Services: What progress has been made towards implementing an e-government strategy?
4. GERRARD ECKHOFF to the Minister of Agriculture: Does he share the concerns of many apple growers that they face serious financial hardship or even financial ruin this season; if so, what urgent steps is he taking to address these concerns?
5. Hon BRIAN DONNELLY to the Minister for Accident Insurance: Is he satisfied that he has been accurately informed of the issues leading to the awarding of the contract for emergency accident work, previously held by the Northland Emergency Services Trust, to an Auckland supplier?
6. BRIAN NEESON to the Minister of Police: How many police officers have been instructed to return their cellphones and how much money is this move anticipated to save each year?
7. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: Why did he distribute two kilograms of chocolate to Wellington-based diplomats last week?
8. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What did he mean when he told the Gisborne Chamber of Commerce that their region was critically important, that it was underperforming economically, that it should not be isolated and that the rail issue would be resolved?
9. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): Will the Government propose an amendment to the Apprenticeship Training Bill to remove the specific reference in Clause 16 to Maori and Pacific Island peoples, in light of the Prime Minister's statement that the Closing the Gaps strategy is about "focusing on low decile needs across the board"; if not, why not?
10. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What recent changes have been made in Government policy regarding the administration of the Enterprise Allowance and when were these implemented?
11. DAVID BENSON-POPE to the Minister for Sport, Fitness and Leisure: What progress has been made with the Government's review of sport, fitness and leisure?
12. Hon MAX BRADFORD to the Minister of Labour: What reduction in workplace deaths and accidents does she expect to result from the changes proposed in her discussion paper on the review of the Health and Safety in Employment Act?
Questions to Members
1. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Chairperson of the Transport and Industrial Relations Committee: When will the committee be reporting back my petition co-signed by 24,155 others calling on the Government to set aside the funding to enable the construction of the Transmission Gully highway?