Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 12 December 2
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 12 December 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. DAVID BENSON-POPE to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What advice has he received on reform of the tertiary education sector?
2. Rt Hon JENNY SHIPLEY to the Prime Minister: Has the Government agreed to changes to New Zealanders' automatic permanent residency right to live, work and access health and social services in Australia; if so, what are the changes and when do they come into effect?
3. GRANT GILLON to the Minister of Local Government: What steps has the Government taken to ensure that local authority trading enterprises can be responsive to social and environmental issues?
4. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Prime Minister: When will the Government release its benchmarks and targets for its "flagship" Closing the Gaps programme?
5. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Health: How will the New Zealand Health Strategy, released yesterday, ensure that New Zealanders have increased trust in the health system and improve the health of New Zealanders?
6. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Minister of Broadcasting: When and how will a charter for Television New Zealand be implemented?
7. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Prime Minister: When was she first informed that the Australian Government was seeking to effect changes that impact on the Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement by placing restrictions on New Zealanders' access to a range of welfare and health benefits?
8. Hon MAX BRADFORD to the Minister for Economic Development: Will changes to the Closing the Gaps programme affect his economic development responsibilities?
9. CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: What is the Government's reaction to the World Trade Organisation disputes panel ruling finding in favour of New Zealand's case against tariffs on lamb imports into the United States?
10. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Communications: Has the Government modified its plan to give Maori preferential treatment with respect to the 2 GHz spectrum; if so, in what way?
11. NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister of Education: What powers of intervention does he have to assist poorly performing schools?
12. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister for Accident Insurance: What systems were in place from 31 March 1980 to 1 July 1999 by which the Accident Compensation Corporation could ensure an employer who restructured their business received an adjustment from being a first scheme employer to a latter scheme employer?