Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 20 February
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 20 February 2001
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Minister for Accident Insurance: What remedial action is he taking to address ACC overcharging?
2. MARK PECK to the Minister of Finance: What expectations does he have in relation to the confidentiality of business plan documents considered by State owned enterprises?
3. Rt Hon JENNY SHIPLEY to the Minister of Finance: Further to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development's confirmation in the House that the "Kiwi Bank" "will not proceed unless it is financially successful", has he ensured that Government members have been made aware of the independent Cameron and Co report on the commercial viability of the bank and the report's most likely scenario if the bank were to proceed; if not, why not?
4. DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister for Sport, Fitness and Leisure: How many athletes have been awarded inaugural Prime Minister's sport scholarships this year?
5. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Consumer Affairs: What leadership has she brought to the Consumer Affairs portfolio during her time in office?
6. JOHN WRIGHT to the Minister for Economic Development: What recent reports has he received about proposals for economic development initiatives?
7. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Broadcasting: Did she receive a report from Television New Zealand executives last year outlining programme purchase costs and lost revenue scenarios totalling tens of millions of dollars as a consequence of implementing the proposed Television New Zealand charter; if so, will she release that report?
8. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Forestry: What immediate steps is the Government taking to prepare New Zealand for the adverse effects on climate change predicted by the latest United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report?
9. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Labour: Does she agree with the Prime Minister's comments to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce in June 2000 that "We have sought a more level playing field in industrial relations and we have sought to build an industrial relations climate in which the parties deal with each other in good faith."?
10. HELEN DUNCAN to the Associate Minister of Education: What was the basis for the Government's decision to establish a new directorate within the Ministry of Education to deliver specialist education services in the future?
11. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Health: Will she be giving Capital and Coast, Waitemata and Auckland district health boards any additional taxpayers' money to fund their transition costs; if not, why not?
12. PETER BROWN to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Is he concerned at reports that Lockheed Martin and its New Zealand partner Airways Corporation have been eliminated from the bidding process for the contract to run Britain's National Airways Traffic Control System?
Questions to Members
1. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Chairperson of the Law and Order Committee: When will the Arms Amendment Bill be reported back to the House?
[ Order Paper Contents ]