Parliament

Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | Video | Questions Of the Day | Search

 

Another application round for successful fund

6 November 2001 Media Statement

Another application round for successful fund


Another round of applications for grants from the highly successful Sustainable Farming Fund has opened, Rural Affairs Minister Jim Sutton said today.

Mr Sutton said the closing date for initial expressions of interest was 1 February next year, for projects starting on or after July 1 next year. He said $9.5 million was available to allocate to projects, which could be supported for one, two, or three years.

“This is an extremely popular scheme, which is helping many rural communities to add value to their lives. Projects must be community-driven, and must improve the social, economic, and environmental sustainability of those communities.”

Mr Sutton said that 117 projects had been funded from the first two allocation rounds of the fund. Those projects ranged from $2,500 in funding assistance to $425,000, with an average size grant being $116,000.

“Projects are well distributed through the country and throughout the
land-based productive sectors.”

The first Sustainable Farming Fund project to be completed was one in Opotiki, in the Bay of Plenty, where a Maori Land Use Kit was developed to help local landowners use their land more profitably. That project was so successful and so well received that the project team has now received another grant to develop a national version of the kit.

“This sort of project is exactly the sort of local capability-building and regional development programme that the Labour-Alliance Government supports. This Government is hands-on, working to develop smart, active communities.”

Information brochures and application forms can be obtained by: downloading from www.maf.govt.nz/sff, or emailing a request to sffund@maf.govt.nz, or by a
phone request to 0800-100-087. Applications can also be mailed out on request to: Sustainable Farming Fund, MAF, PO Box 2526, Wellington.

Funding allocations for the latest round will be made by an independent panel early next year.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Crowdsale And Crowdfunding Campaign: Help Create The Future Of Independent News

Two weeks to go! The Scoop 3.0 plan aims to create NZ’s first community-owned, distributed news and media intelligence ecosystem in 2019. We believe this ScoopPro media monetisation approach can be scaled and spread globally to support local and independent news efforts in regional New Zealand and around the world.

Scoop is an ecosystem, it would not exist without those who contribute to it, read it and rely on it for professional media purposes. Generous past support from this ecosystem has enabled us to come this far in developing our business model. Support our PledgeMe Campaign>>

 

14/11: Two Years’ Progress Since The Kaikoura Earthquake

Mayor John Leggett said it was a day for reflection, but also a time to recognise the work by many people to support progress towards recovery made across Marlborough since November 2016. More>>

ALSO:

Pike River: Mine Drift Re-Entry Plan To Proceed

“I’ve decided the Te Kāhui Whakamana Rua Tekau Mā Iwa - Pike River Recovery Agency, recommended course of action to enter the drift, using the existing access tunnel, is by far the safest option,” said Andrew Little. More>>

ALSO:

Appointments: New High Commissioner To Australia Announced

“Dame Annette King needs no introduction given her long running career as a parliamentarian where she has previously held a number senior Cabinet portfolios, including Justice, Police and Health. She also was Parliament’s longest serving female MP with 30 years’ service,” said Mr Peters. More>>

ALSO:

Two Years Since Kaikoura: Silvia Cartwright To Lead Inquiry Into EQC

“The inquiry will be the first of its kind under the Public Inquiries Act 2013 and will have all the powers of a Royal Commission, be independent of Government and make its report directly to the Governor-General. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Royal Commission Into Child Abuse

Obviously, it is good news that the coalition government has broadened the scope of its Royal Commission into the abuse of children, beyond its previous focus on children in state care. More>>

ALSO:

Cases Delayed: Court Staff Refuse To Handle Sentencing Papers

Dozens of court cases have reportedly been delayed, as court staff escalate industrial action at two Auckland courts by enforcing a ban on handling sentencing papers. More>>

ALSO:

Education: Primary Teachers Rolling Strikes

RNZ Report: More than 100,000 primary school students in Auckland will be home from school today as teachers and principals walk off the job for the second time this year. It's the start of a week of rolling one-day strikes around the country, after the collapse of contract negotiations last Thursday. More>>

ALSO:

"Process Was Sound": Inquiry Into Haumaha Appointment Released

The Inquiry’s purpose was to examine, identify, and report on the adequacy of the process that led to the appointment. It found the process was sound and no available relevant information was omitted. More>>

ALSO:

 
 
 
 
 

LATEST HEADLINES

  • PARLIAMENT
  • POLITICS
  • REGIONAL
 
 

InfoPages News Channels