Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 19 February
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 19 February 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Further to her answer of Wednesday 13 February, what overseas investors will she be seeing when she visits Stockholm, and will she tell investors about her legislative programme which includes a two-year moratorium on genetic modification, ratification of the Kyoto Protocol, paid parental leave and changes to workplace safety and the Holidays Act?
2. JOHN WRIGHT to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What reports has he received on the strength of New Zealand's regional economies?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: What steps, if any, does the Government propose to take to review the commitment of SAS troops to Afghanistan following the resolution of the Alliance Council last weekend calling for all troops to be withdrawn?
4. MARK PECK to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any reports on the effect of the opening of Kiwibank on the New Zealand economy?
5. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Police: What advice has he received from the Police regarding what response they intend to make to the Mayor of Palmerston North's statement that patched members of gangs are not welcome in the community?
6. HELEN DUNCAN to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): What advice has he received on the development of centres of research excellence in tertiary education?
7. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Minister of Health: Has she accepted full responsibility for the heart surgery delays causing people's deaths, as reported in the Dominion this morning?
8. Hon DAVID CARTER to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What discussions has he had with the Minister for Courts about the impact that closing or downgrading local courts would have on regional development?
9. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Associate Minister of Justice: Will she consider reviewing the Electoral (Integrity) Amendment Act provisions if the Hon Jim Anderton leaves the Alliance or the Alliance splits?
10. JUDY KEALL to the Minister of Health: What advice has she received on the need to implement a National Immunisation Register?
11. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Health: What is her response to comments made today by Health Surgery South Island Ltd clinical director Richard Bunton, who said, following her instruction to the Ministry of Health that North Island private hospitals be used to clear the South Island heart operation backlog, that "If the Minister would adequately fund the surgery in the first place, this would not need to be done. It's a response from someone who does not understand the issues. This sort of band-aid approach is not a solution."?
12. Hon DOVER SAMUELS to the Minister of Housing: What is the Government doing to alleviate housing problems in the Northland, East Cape and Eastern Bay of Plenty regions?