Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 13 March
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 13 March 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. GRAHAM KELLY to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What reports has he received from the observers in Zimbabwe regarding whether the election there was sufficiently free and fair to be regarded as reflecting the majority will of the people?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: In light of Dr Ross Armstrong being paid $80,500 as chair of Television New Zealand, $62,672 as chair of New Zealand Post Ltd, $39,000 as chair of Industrial Research Ltd, and $24,000 as a director of Kiwibank, does he believe it is appropriate that he holds all of these roles?
3. MARK PECK to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on the state of the economy?
4. STEPHEN FRANKS to the Minister of Justice: Did the Government base its decision to enable serious violent offenders to be released after serving one third of their sentence instead of two thirds on any evidence of violent re-offending by prisoners on parole and early release; if not, why not?
5. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Health: What is the total value of every element of expenditure within Vote Health that is derived from the Treaty of Waitangi and those acts of Parliament which require observance and regard be paid to its principles, and what are the principles against which such expenditure is approved?
6. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Education: What guarantees can he give over 56,000 level 1 NCEA students that their school qualification will not be compromised, following yesterday's PPTA announcement that teachers will not pass on marks to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority from next Monday, and that teachers will refuse to comply with directives and timeframes relating to assessment from NZQA from the middle of April?
7. TAITO PHILLIP FIELD to the Minister of Health: What recent changes has the Government implemented to improve the health of Pacific Island people?
8. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: What steps does he propose to take to ensure that there has been proper scrutiny of the operations of the New Zealand Post Ltd subsidiary Transend in South Africa?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Associate Minister of Social Services and Employment: Was her speech to the Australasian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies on "Trauma and Colonisation" cleared through the Prime Minister's office or any other Minister's office; if not, why not?
10. KEITH LOCKE to the Prime Minister: Did her officials attend the high level conference of security chiefs in Queenstown this week, and what was the purpose of that conference?
11. JOHN TAMIHERE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: What assistance has the Maori Business Facilitation Service provided to Maori?
12. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: What has she done to improve the dental health of children living in Northland since she became Minister of Health?
Questions to Members
1. RODNEY HIDE to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: Has the committee completed its financial review of New Zealand Post Ltd?
2. Hon TONY RYALL to the Chairperson of the Privileges Committee: In light of media references to her personal friendship with Dr Ross Armstrong, does she intend to step aside from the chair of the Privileges Committee when the question of privilege relating to New Zealand Post Ltd is considered; if not, why not?