Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 14 May 2002
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 14 May 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. GRANT GILLON to the Minister for Economic Development: Have 80,000 new jobs been produced since 1999; if so, have his ministry's economic development policies contributed to the production of these jobs?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: In light of the Leader of the Alliance, Hon Laila Harré's reference to "[Hon] Jim Anderton's decision not just to leave but to fight - and bitterly - the party we built with him", why does she consider Hon Jim Anderton the Leader of the Alliance for the purpose of coalition management and why would she want him in her Cabinet if he has left his party?
3. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What measures have been put in place to protect the wellbeing of international students in New Zealand and New Zealand's reputation in this area?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: How does her office's comment that the Premier of Queensland had a reputation as a "media tart" support her "relationship building" trip to Australia, particularly given her statement that "we can't take the relationship for granted"?
5. TAITO PHILLIP FIELD to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What reports, if any, has he received on employment growth over the last two years?
6. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Health: Why was the MidCentral District Health Board's request to be included in the programme to send breast cancer patients to Australia for radiation treatment declined by the Ministry of Health?
7. HARRY DUYNHOVEN to the Minister for ACC: Has she received any reports on the effects of reversing the privatisation of ACC; if so, what do they say?
8. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Minister of Transport: What action, if any, is the Government taking in response to calls for legislation to deal with the problem of boy racers?
9. IAN EWEN-STREET to the Minister of Agriculture: In what ways will New Zealand be affected by the signing into law by President George W Bush of the Farm Bill which, among other things, creates a programme to "enhance foreign acceptance of agricultural biotechnology and United States agricultural products developed through biotechnology"?
10. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Prime Minister: Is she concerned that the Associate Minister of Labour addressed a stopwork meeting at Sky City on 1 May; if so, what has she done about it?
11. DAVID BENSON-POPE to the Minister of Broadcasting: How is the Government assisting Television New Zealand Limited with the implementation of its Charter?
12. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Corrections: What is the purpose of the $500,000 intended for facilitation, iwi consultation and cultural input for the proposed regional prison near Meremere?