Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 15 May 2002
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 15 May 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: In light of her Cabinet containing Hon Jim Anderton, who describes himself as the Parliamentary Leader of the Alliance Party, and Hon Laila Harré, who describes herself as the Leader of the Alliance Party, which of these two does she regard as the Leader of the Alliance Party for the purposes of coalition management, and why?
2. DIANNE YATES to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What is the Government doing to provide support for caregivers?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Do the six or so works of art that it is reported she has confessed to signing but were produced by others include the moa picture purchased by the Grey family of Dunedin?
4. DONNA AWATERE HUATA to the Minister of Education: How many parents of long term truants has the Ministry of Education prosecuted for failing to send their children to school in the past two years?
5. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: What has happened to the trans-Tasman relationship since she became Prime Minister which means she now considers it necessary to lead a "relationship building" trip to Australia?
6. STEVE CHADWICK to the Associate Minister of Education: What is the Government doing to meet the needs identified in the Adult Literacy Strategy?
7. Hon MAX BRADFORD to the Minister of Defence: Has he seen or asked for any reports from the Chief of Defence Force, Air Marshal Bruce Ferguson, on the additional information he has which Mr Carruthers did not have on the Gordon letter; if not, why not?
8. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): Does he support a universal student allowance as proposed by the New Zealand University Students Association; if not, why not?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Associate Minister of Justice: Was the Electoral (Integrity) Amendment Act 2001 intended to apply to members of Parliament who change parties in the period after the House adjourns but before an election; if so, were such provisions included in the Act?
10. Hon BRIAN DONNELLY to the Minister of Education: What processes and procedures are in place to ensure candidates unsuitable to take on teaching careers are screened out before they commence attendance at a teacher training college?
11. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Minister of Police: Can he give an assurance that the police investigation into the complaint involving the Prime Minister's fake artwork is proceeding without any improper interference from Ministers or officials?
12. TAITO PHILLIP FIELD to the Minister of Housing: What commitment has the Government made to assisting low-income New Zealanders into decent affordable State housing?