Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 22 May 2002
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 22 May 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on the state of the New Zealand economy?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Why did her spokesman tell the media that there was a Crown Law Office opinion which reportedly cleared the Prime Minister of art fraud, and given the answer on her behalf yesterday that "Crown Law itself has said there was no such report", what action will she be taking against her spokesman?
3. KEVIN CAMPBELL to the Minister for Economic Development: What economic development schemes is he proposing to reduce youth unemployment in the regions?
4. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Maori Affairs: In light of his statement to the House yesterday that "Millennium People has not been gagged", will he agree to release any exchanges between Millennium People and the Maori Television Service Board, regarding who had responsibility for security and credit checks on Mr John Davy; if not, why not?
5. TAITO PHILLIP FIELD to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What steps is the Government taking to ensure that businesses and individuals have access to high quality and relevant skills?
6. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in the Minister of Maori Affairs given recent events involving Mr John Davy and the Maori Television Service; if so, why?
7. Hon RICHARD PREBBLE to the Minister of Finance: Will dropping the rate of tax on Maori Authorities and their subsidiary businesses to 19.5 cents benefit Maori; if so, in what ways?
8. HARRY DUYNHOVEN to the Minister for ACC: What is the ACC doing to address the injuries that can result from trips, slips and falls?
9. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Minister of Health: What steps is the Government taking to improve mental health?
10. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Education: What is the additional cost in the 2001/02 and 2002/03 financial years of the latest proposed secondary teachers' settlement as compared to last year's proposed settlement?
11. PETER BROWN to the Minister of Defence: Did an aircraft carrying troops and others depart from Ohakea for East Timor on Tuesday 14 May 2002?
12. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Prime Minister: If Hon Jim Anderton, Hon Sandra Lee and Hon Matt Robson join the Progressive Coalition after the House rises, as the Hon Jim Anderton and the Progressive Coalition have indicated they will do, would she sack them from her Cabinet as party hoppers; if not, why not?