United Future Announces Top 20
25 June 2002
President of United Future New Zealand, Ian (Inky) Tulloch and Leader, Hon Peter Dunne, today announced the first 20 places on the Party list standing for election.
"This list represents a wide cross section of interests, experience and qualities." Mr Dunne said
" We are undoubtedly going to be successful in seeing more United Future people in Parliament. There is a real choice for voters at this election. They can choose the economy-destroying pro-cannabis Greens to drive New Zealand towards some weird stone-age nightmare by holding the balance of power or they can vote for true balance, and common-sense and vote for United Future.
"We are the only Party that can truly be held to represent the interests of the New Zealand family and the only Party that can offer stability and security to the next Government - whoever the major Party may be."
The Party expects to be standing candidates in approximately 60 electorates.
The List is:
1. Hon Peter Dunne, MP Ohariu-Belmont.
2. Gordon Copeland, Candidate for Rongotai. B.Com, DipF, Gordon has extensive experience as a financial manager in the oil industry and as a financial consultant in the corporate and public sectors. Currently Financial Administer to the Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington, Gordon is married to Anne with 5 children.
3. Bernie Ogilvy, Candidate for Mt Roskill MCom(economics) Former lecturer in economics at Auckland University and researcher with New Zealand Council Educational Research. Currently lecturer at MASTERS Institute, conference speaker and researcher, married to Raye, 4 children.
4. Marc Alexander, Candidate for Ilam. MA(Political Science) Canterbury University, Graduate Canterbury School of Media. Currently a restaurateur and local TV co-host. Spokesperson for the Sensible Sentencing trust, married to Angelika with one child.
5. Kelly Chal, Candidate for Manukau East. Qualifications in Business Studies and HR Development. Previous case management and rehabilitation consultant with ACC, Currently careers counsellor with Upskill New Zealand. Married to James with 4 children.
6. Murray Smith, Candidate for Hutt South. LLB, BA Married to Jocelyn with five children, Murray has a long established law practice. Petone Community Board deputy and chair of Jackson Street programme. Well known activist and avid promoter of this region, Murray is also Secretary of the United Future Board of Management.
7. Larry Baldock, Candidate for Tauranga, Involved in YMAM since 1979 and the International Reconciliation Coalition. Larry is currently a Tauranga City Councillor for the Te Papa ward. Married to Barbara with two children.
8. Judy Turner, Candidate for East Coast. Specialist teacher at Whakatane Intermediate School, host of weekly radio programme on behalf of local churches, Judy is also on the Hospital Chaplaincy committee for Whakatane Hospital. Married to Graham with three children.
9. Paul Adams, Candidate for East Coast Bays. A qualified carpenter and builder Paul is probably better known as a professional rally car driver. NZ Rally Champ, NZ Hillclimb Champ, NZ Rallycross Champ, currently owns and manages Paul Adams Motors. Married to Sue with four children.
10. Wayne Chapman, Candidate for Rimutaka. Qualified in Marketing and currently working in the IT industry. Board of Trustees member and member of the Wellington Regional Council Environmental Committee, Wayne is married with four children and is an Upper Hutt resident.
11. Andrew Kubala. Candidate for Wigram, Director, Youth Ministry, City New Life Church 12. Gray Eatwell, Candidate for West Coast- Tasman. Spokesman for the Bank Customer Action Collective
13. Bruce McGrail, Candidate for Tamaki. Self-employed civil funeral and marriage celebrant. Volunteer with Auckland Children's Musical Theatre.
14. Hassan Hosseini. Candidate for Mt Albert. Iranian born journalist and Auckland resident for the last nine years. Coordinator of the Iranian Community Trust and producer for Iranian television.
15. Craig Hunt. Candidate for Rodney. Sales and marketing management backgound now owns and operates a commercial cleaning company.
16. Kevin Harper. Candidate For Maungakiekie. Probation Officer.
17. Russell Judd. Candidate for Rotorua. Forestry Project Manager.
18. Anne Drake. Candidate for Te Atatu. Recording Studio Manager.
19. Ian McInnes. Candidate for Pakuranga. Researcher.
20. Graham Butterworth. Candidate for Mana. Professional Historian Consultancy.
The balance of the remaining 49 places will be decided upon shortly.