Questions For Oral Answer Wednesday, 28 August 200
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 28 August 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: What will be the role of Green Party spokespeople in Government decision-making on Category A issues, as set out in the agreement between the Government and the Green Party?
2. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What recent reports has he received on employment growth?
3. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: What is her response to the exceedingly long queues at the Queen Street branch of the New Zealand Immigration Service?
4. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: What is the Government's present policy towards Zimbabwe?
5. Dr DON BRASH to the Minister of Finance: Why is he willing to entertain any proposal from Qantas for a share of Air New Zealand now, given that advice from Treasury last year warned that giving Qantas a share of Air New Zealand was likely to see it "marginalised in favour of Qantas"?
6. MARTIN GALLAGHER to the Minister of Justice: What steps have been taken to ensure that Government agencies co-ordinate their responses when dealing with youth offenders?
7. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does the Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited have any plans to sue the Crown; if so, why?
8. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister for the Environment: Is she aware of any pressure on the New Zealand Government by the United States to allow commercial release of GE crops and other organisms, in light of recent reported comments by the United Kingdom Environment Minister that Britain was being pressed by the United States to allow commercial planting of GE crops?
9. Dr LYNDA SCOTT to the Minister of Health: How will district health boards seek to improve the efficiency of the system, as set out in the Speech from the Throne, without making any cuts to health services?
10. LUAMANUVAO WINNIE LABAN to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received on the literacy achievement of New Zealand secondary school students?
11. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What are the key conclusions of the financial investigation into the Department of Child, Youth and Family Services contracts with Te Hau Ora o Te Tai Tokerau Trust, and will he publicly release that report in full?
12. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: What was the total number of refugees and asylum seekers accepted into New Zealand for the 12 months ending 28 August 2002?