Questions For Oral Answer - 12 September 2002
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 12 September 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. JILL PETTIS to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): How will the recently announced Polytechnic Regional Development Fund assist skill development?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Would her Government support a United Nations-mandated military attack on Iraq to force it to comply with United Nations resolutions and sanctions; if so, why?
3. JUDY TURNER to the Minister of Education: Is he satisfied there are adequate systems in place to ensure that timely communication occurs between schools, the Non-Enrolment Truancy Service and police, when young people are repeatedly absent from school?
4. PETER BROWN to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Can he confirm that a Deputy Chief Censor is to be appointed by 16 September 2002; if so, is there any significance in that date?
5. HELEN DUNCAN to the Minister of Education: What are the key features of the Government's strategic plan for early childhood education?
6. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Education: How many prosecutions under section 24 of the Education Act 1989 has the Ministry of Education initiated this year for failure to enrol a child under 16 at school, out of the 4,048 cases referred to the Non-Enrolment Truancy Service so far this year?
7. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Minister of Corrections: Does the Department of Corrections have a policy in respect of seeking costs from community groups that challenge its decisions through the courts; if so, what is that policy?
8. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: Does Treasury support the removal of work-testing of recipients of the Domestic Purposes Benefit; if so, why?
9. Dr LYNDA SCOTT to the Minister of Health: When does the Government expect to conclude negotiations to subsidise Glivec, and how confident is she that Glivec will be made available to New Zealanders in need?
10. DAVID BENSON-POPE to the Minister for the Environment: Which of New Zealand's objectives were achieved at the recently completed World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg?
11. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Commerce: What recent Commerce Commission reports, if any, has she received regarding airline pricing and competition in New Zealand?
12. DAIL JONES to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Why did his department hire private investigators in Pakistan and Australia to investigate alleged cases of fraud involving applications for New Zealand citizenship and residency, and how much has the investigation cost to date?