Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 10 October
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 10 October 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What reports, if any, has he received on the state of the labour market?
2. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: What was the precise number of permanent and long term non-New Zealand migration arrivals into New Zealand, for the year ended August 2002, and what does that figure represent as a percentage increase over the previous year ended August 2001?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Following her advice to the House yesterday that there is a "review of the Building Act taking place currently", when did that review begin and can she confirm submissions closed on 17 October 2001?
4. MARK PECK to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received regarding the effects for students of the NCEA?
5. Dr WAYNE MAPP to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Will the Building Code be amended following tomorrow's Building Industry Summit, so that potential home buyers can be assured that the thousands of homes due to be completed over the next six months will not leak or rot; if not, why not?
6. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Minister of Police: What was the percentage of total Government spending on the Police in the 1999/2000 year, and has the percentage of total Government spending on the Police gone up or down in comparison with this financial year?
7. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: What has he done to monitor Te Hau Ora o Te Tai Tokerau Trust, following Plunket ending its partnership with the Trust in September 2000, and subsequently raising concerns with the Department of Child, Youth and Family Services about the Trust's practices?
8. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any advice on the potential conflict of interest between the Government's role as the principal shareholder in Air New Zealand and its duty to ensure, for the benefit of consumers, adequate long term competition in both New Zealand domestic and inbound/outbound international flights?
9. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Health: What is the effect of the number of permanent and long term non-New Zealand new immigrant arrivals on New Zealand's health system as at the end of August 2002 and in particular, Auckland's?
10. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Conservation: Specifically who did he consult with prior to his decision to reject the Dobson Hydro development on the West Coast?
11. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Transport: What is the Government doing to ensure that the transport system assists regional and economic development in Northland and East Cape?
12. IAN EWEN-STREET to the Minister for Biosecurity: What is his response to the reported statement by Ian Gear, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry's Project Director of the painted apple moth eradication programme in Auckland, to the Waitakere City Council on Monday 6 October that he could not assure councillors that the spray Foray 48B was free of genetically engineered ingredients?
Questions to Members
1. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the Chairperson of the Government Administration Committee: Will she be requesting that the Minister of Internal Affairs appear before the committee in its inquiry into leaky buildings; if not, why not?
2. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: When will the Conveyancers Bill be reported back to the House?