Questions For Oral Answer - 15 October 2002
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 15 October 2002
Questions to Ministers
1. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Health: Has she given district health boards in the Auckland region any directives under section 32 or section 33 of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000 as to what course of action they should take when a mentally unwell patient requires inpatient admission and there is no bed available; if so, what are those directives?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: In light of the Bali terrorist bombings, is it still her view that New Zealand exists in an "incredibly benign strategic environment"; if so, why?
3. GRAHAM KELLY to the Prime Minister: What steps has the Government taken to help locate and identify New Zealanders in Bali, in the wake of the recent bombing?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence that her Minister of Foreign Affairs has passed "tough new anti-terrorism laws", and that he fulfilled his reported September 2001 commitment to fast-track that legislation; if so, why?
5. HELEN DUNCAN to the Minister of Transport: What has the Government done to improve the standards of the taxi industry?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: Of the 5,974 people remaining in New Zealand as at 30 September 2002, despite having been declined their application for refugee, asylum or immigrant status, precisely how many are dependants of applicants?
7. JUDY TURNER to the Minister of Health: Has she received any reports concerning shortages of dentists who are prepared to contract to district health boards to provide services for high school age students?
8. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Police: Following the terrorist bombing in Bali, what steps, if any, have the police taken to upgrade New Zealand's internal security?
9. Hon MATT ROBSON to the Associate Minister of Health: What reports has he received on the latest available statistics for youth suicide?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does the Government have any plans to increase surveillance and border security within New Zealand following the weekend bombing in Bali?
11. Dr WAYNE MAPP to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Does he have confidence in the chief executive of the Building Industry Authority; if so, why?
12. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: Does he have full confidence in Mr Derek Fox as board chairperson of the Maori Television Service; if so, why?
13. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Conservation: Specifically who did he consult with prior to his decision to reject the Dobson Hydro development on the West Coast?