Questions Of The Day
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DARREN HUGHES to the Minister of Youth Affairs: What steps has the Government taken to progress youth development?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in the Minister of Energy;if so, why?
3. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Finance: What is his response to Child Poverty Action Group’s statement that “the poorest children in New Zealand, around 300,000 of them, do not even get a crumb” from last week’s Budget?
4. Hon MATT ROBSON to the Associate Minister of Health: What is the Government doing to address the increase in the supply and use of methamphetamines?
5. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Energy: Will the energy industry changes signalled yesterday by the Prime Minister remove the risk of an electricity shortage in the event of a dry year in the future; if so, why?
6. JILL PETTIS to the Minister of Agriculture: What is the Government doing to support farmers in the lower North Island affected by drought?
7. KATHERINE RICH to the Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment (CYF): Will she confirm that girls under the care and protection of the Department of Child, Youth and Family Services have been working as prostitutes, and why is its investigation not complete after 11 days?
8. RON MARK to the Minister of Justice: Does he have any concerns that sentencing of offenders is presently not meeting public expectations; if not, why?
9. RICHARD WORTH to the Associate Minister of Justice: What is her response to the New Zealand Bar Association’s comment, in relation to the proposed convention that at least one member of the Supreme Court is well versed in tikanga Maori, that such a convention would be “dangerous”?
10. MARTIN GALLAGHER to the Minister of Police: What reports has he received on the enforcement of the Land Transport (Street and Unauthorised Drag Racing) Amendment Act 2003?
11. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: Is he confident that Te Mangai Paho’s Chief Executive, Mr Trevor Moeke, is providing him with well founded and accurate advice for his replies to written questions; if so, why?
12. PAUL ADAMS to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: Does he stand by his statement in the report of the Screen Production Industry Taskforce that “The Government is committed to creating an environment where the Screen Production Industry can grow and flourish in the international marketplace.”?