Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 26 June 2003
Thursday, 26 June 2003
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Did she say “Ownership of the foreshore and seabed has long been considered to lie with the Crown”; if so, does that remain her position today?
2. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister of Finance: Is he confident that the growth targets projected in this year’s budget can be met; if so, why?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Is it her Government’s policy that ownership of the seabed and foreshore lies with the Crown, and does this mean that Maori will never gain ownership of the seabed and foreshore?
4. ROD DONALD to the Minister of Finance: What is the projected change in the net unfunded liability of the Government Superannuation Fund for the year to 30 June 2003, and how does this compare with the projected net change in the 2002 Budget?
5. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: Will he be advising the Government that ownership or title to the seabed and foreshore should, for the best interests of Maori, be held by the Crown; if not, why not?
6. HELEN DUNCAN to the Minister for ACC: Can she report any progress on the development of effective measures to reduce New Zealand’s injury rates?
7. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of Health: Will she rule out proposing a “differential food tax”; if not, why not?
8. CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Customs: Is the New Zealand Customs Service doing its part to stamp out the international trafficking of illegal drugs across the borders of our major trading partners?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Police: What reports has he received from the New Zealand Police regarding the ramifications of the passing of the Prostitution Reform Bill?
10. PETER BROWN to the Minister of Transport: How much has been collected in petrol tax and road user charges since February 2002 and how does this compare with the previous sixteen months to February 2002?
11. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Associate Minister of Transport: What steps is he taking to enhance boat safety in New Zealand?
12. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Minister of Corrections: Does any agreement exist between the Department of Corrections and the protestors who have been occupying the proposed Northland Prison site regarding the terms on which the occupation would be permitted to remain?