Questions for Oral Answer - Thursday, 6 November
Questions for Oral Answer
As At thursday, 6 november 2003
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Minister of Finance: In making his statement yesterday that he is "not without options" to combat the rise in the New Zealand dollar, was it his intention to signal possible changes to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989, changes to the floating exchange rate, or intervention in the currency market; if not, what was he hoping to achieve?
2. DAVID BENSON-POPE to the Minister of State Services: What is the Government doing to promote retirement saving schemes for those employed in the State sector?
3. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Labour: Is the recent Employment Court decision that found a set model technician hired as a contractor on The Lord of the Rings was actually an employee the result she intended when she introduced the Employment Relations Act 2000; if so, why?
4. LARRY BALDOCK to the Minister of Finance: How much of the $1,128 million "fuels excise and customs duty" that Transfund New Zealand estimates will be collected in the 2003/04 financial year is made up of "fuels excise" and how much is made up of "customs duty"?
5. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the Minister of Education: In light of his reported statement that the total cost of "network reviews" will be pulled back through the money saved by closing about 300 schools, what is the total cost?
6. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Information Technology: What has been the Government's response to the report of the Information and Communications Technology Sector Taskforce?
7. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Corrections: Does he have confidence in his department's chief executive; if so, will he still have confidence in him after the State Services Commission inquiry into the so-called "goon squad", and the inquiry into the supervision of paedophile, Lloyd Alexander McIntosh?
8. Hon MATT ROBSON to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What reports has he received on the response to the coalition Government's industry and regional development policies, and what do these reports indicate?
9. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: How much public funding, from which sources in which years, has been received by Crop and Food Research for the development and field testing of herbicide tolerant genetically engineered onions?
10. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Conservation: What progress is being made on the protection of marine mammals?
11. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Does he stand by his statements made in the House on 4 November 2003 in answer to question number seven, and by his press statement made on that same day?
12. Hon BRIAN DONNELLY to the Associate Minister of
Education (Tertiary Education): What system or systems are
utilised by the Tertiary Education Commission to verify
numbers of students for funding purposes?