Select Committee Business to 23 January 2004
Select Committee Business
From 16 January to 23 January 2004
This is the first press release for the year. There were no committee meetings held this week. Committees to meet next week will be Education and Science, Health and Local Government and Environment.
Education and Science (Angela Van Dam, SC-ES@parliament.govt.nz)
Next week the committee will meet on Wednesday, 28 January to consider and hear evidence on the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (Transitional Provisions and Controls) Amendment Bill. This meeting will be held in Room G.002, Parliament House and will be open to the public from 10.30 am.
Health (Catherine Parkin, SC-Health@parliament.govt.nz)
Next week the committee will travel to Auckland to consider a number of items of business. On Thursday, 29 January 2004, the committee will hear evidence on the 2002/03 financial review of the Auckland District Health Board. This will be held in the Amelia Earhart room at the Centra Auckland Airport Hotel, corner Kirkbride and Ascot Roads, Mangere between 2.00 pm and 3.30 pm. The committee will also hear evidence on the petition of Dr Judy Goulden and 649 others between 4.00 pm and 5.00 pm. The petition requests that the House of Representatives urge the Government to stop the implementation of Primary Health Organisations. These hearings will be open to the public.
On Friday, 30 January 2004, the committee will hear evidence from the Waitemata District Health Board on its financial review for 2002/03, between 10.00 am and 11.30 am, also at the Centra Auckland Airport Hotel. The committee will also hear evidence from the Auckland region district health boards (Auckland, Counties Manukau and Waitemata District Health Boards) between 11.45 am and 12.45 pm. These hearings will be open to the public.
Closing dates for submissions
Committees are receiving submissions on the following items with the closing date shown:
- Electricity and Gas Industries Bill (30 January 2004)
- Sale of Liquor Amendment Bill (No 2) (30 January 2004)
Education and Science
- State Sector Amendment Bill (No 2) (30 January 2004)
- Education (Export Education Levy) Amendment Bill (13 February 2004)
Fisheries and Other Sea-related Legislation
- Maori Fisheries Bill (15 March 2004)
Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade
- Mercenary Activities (Prohibition) Bill (31 January 2004)
- Visiting Forces Bill (13 February 2004)
- Inquiry into New Zealand's relationship with Tonga (28 March 2004)
Justice and Electoral
- Parole (Extended Supervision) and Sentencing Amendment Bill (20 February 2004)
Local Government and Environment
- Resource Management (Waitaki Catchment) Amendment Bill (9 February 2004)
- Resource Management (Aquaculture Moratorium Extension) Amendment Bill (2 February 2004)
- Members of Parliament (Pecuniary Interests) Bill (27 February 2004)
Transport and Industrial Relations
- Employment Relations Law Reform Bill (27 February 2004)
You can find further information about select committees on our website at www.clerk.parliament.govt.nz. If you require additional information or have any feedback on the contents, please contact:
Senior Parliamentary Officer
Compiled in the Select Committee Office, Office of the Clerk, 23 January 2004