NZ Music Month quiz issued to MPs today
11 May 2003 Media Statement
New Zealand Music Month quiz issued to MPs today
Associate Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage Judith Tizard has issued her annual New Zealand music quiz to all Members of Parliament in celebration of New Zealand Music Month.
“The twenty-question quiz started four years ago when I thought that it would be a fun and informative way to get New Zealanders and their representatives thinking about all the New Zealand music around them,” said Judith Tizard.
“I don’t mind whether MPs choose to answer the questions off the tops of their heads, or get stuck in and do some research or ask friends and family for help. All ways, at the end of the questionnaire they will know more about our vibrant and successful music scene.
Prizes up for grabs for the MPs include New Zealand Music CDs, a New Zealand Music Month t-shirt and New Zealand On Air Hit-Discs. Answers must be in to Judith Tizard’s office by 12 noon, Wednesday 19 May.
Judith Tizard’s New Zealand Music Month Quiz 2004
MPs’ Name ______________________
Did you do this quiz alone? Yes/No
1. Where does hip hop artist Scribe come from?
2. Name the current
multi platinum artist who is the daughter of a famous ex-All
3. What is the
percentage target of the voluntary Music Performance
adopted by the Radio Broadcasters Association and what percentage of New Zealand content was reached in December 2003?
4. What was the name of the NZSO¹s concert that launched NZ Music Month?
5. Graeme Braizer
has released a new album “East of Eden” on
Records. What was the name of his old band?
6. What is the name and frequency of your nearest b.Net station?
Westenra’s album “Pure” has sold over 1.3 million copies
worldwide. What is the first track on the
8. What is the name of the Waikato town that The Datsuns call home?
9. Who is the
Wellington musician that plays in both Trinity Roots and
10. Name the Oscar winners who have been in New Zealand bands?
11. A NZ artist
recently won the grand prize at the International
Songwriting Competition (ISC), beating over 11,000 other
entries from 60 countries. Who was
12. The lead singer of which NZ band stared as a bogan in Greg Page’s debut
feature film “The Locals”?
13. Name the Wanganui band who have been included on the influential MusicWeek UK “Best of SXSW” CD sampler after playing two prominent showcases at the SXSW conference in Texas?
14. Which NZ group
in 1977 named an album after a medical condition – (an
15. Which NZ composer has been awarded the SOUNZ Contemporary Award,
celebrating outstanding composition more than once?
16. Since NZ Music Month last year, there have been six albums by New
Zealanders that have reached Number One on the charts. Name four of them –
many of the artists above have received support from NZ On
18. The Play It
Strange Trust has recently been established to
young New Zealanders to develop interests and skills in music. They are the
organisers of a 24 hour New Zealand Music event kicking off on 29th May
what is the name of the event? And who set up the Trust?
19. The NZ Music Industry Commission have just completed a project to have a
recent NZ music documentary series screened in 2003 available in every secondary school. What is the name of the documentary series?
MP for Auckland Central Question:
20. Name the Dave Dobbyn album which names an inner city Auckland bridge?
Please return your completed quiz to Hon Judith Tizard, 7th Floor, Bowen House by Midday, Wednesday, 19 May. Thank you for doing your part to support New Zealand music during New Zealand Music Month, May 2004.