Questions for Oral Answer Thursday, 5 August 2004
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Thursday, 5 August 2004
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): Does he have any concerns about the way community education funding has been used by Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology?
2. MITA RIRINUI to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What is being done to assist families affected by the recent flooding in the Eastern Bay of Plenty?
3. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Associate Minister of Immigration: Why did he say with respect to immigration fraud "He [Rt Hon Winston Peters] has raised points many times over the years, but provided little evidence."?
4. NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister of Energy: What progress is being made in developing renewable energy in New Zealand?
5. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: Does he have confidence in the board of the Maori Language Commission; if not, why not?
6. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister of Finance: Does he believe that bailing out embattled Taitokerau Forests Limited is a prudent use of public funds; if so, why?
7. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Associate Minister of Health: Is he satisfied that the Government has employed appropriate measures to protect New Zealand children from the misuse of alcohol and illicit drugs?
8. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Corrections: Does he stand by his statement to the House of 18 November 2003, "If we look at the public prison system in New Zealand and compare its management of remand prisons with private prisons, we see that the public prison service is, on average, $7,000 cheaper than the private prison."; if so, why?
9. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Minister of Police: Did Senior Sergeant Mike Fulcher receive a police report in or about May this year from the South Asian liaison officer for the New Zealand Police, with photographs and fingerprints, detailing an immigration scam involving Pakistani nationals entering New Zealand through Tonga?
10. MIKE WARD to the Minister for the Environment: Has she made any representation to the General Manager of the Parliamentary Service to implement the New Zealand Waste Strategy within Parliament; if so, what was the response?
11. RICHARD WORTH to the Minister of Defence: Has he been advised of the complaint relating to Project Protector and the acquisition of the multi-role vessel, made to the Office of the Ombudsmen; if so, what is the nature of the complaint?
12. CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for Racing: How has the Government contributed to ensuring the New Zealand racing industry can look forward to a prosperous future?