Questions for Oral Answer - Tuesday, 24 August
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Tuesday, 24 August 2004
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: What methods are being considered in order to "streamline Treaty of Waitangi historic settlements", as stated in her press release of 21 July 2004, and why has the Government now decided that streamlining the process is necessary?
2. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Finance: Has Treasury revised its assumption that crude oil prices will ease back to an "equilibrium" price of US$19 per barrel; if so, what are the Government's current assumptions for oil price trends between now and 2020?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: Why will the Ministry of Education pay all members of the Post Primary Teachers Association $500 to sign a new employment contract while non-union teachers will receive no such payment?
4. CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on the comparative performance of the Australian and New Zealand economies?
5. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Finance: What concerns does he have, if any, regarding the protection of New Zealand taxpayers and why?
6. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Health: Is she confident that all Primary Health Organisations are delivering cheaper healthcare to all New Zealanders; if not, why not?
7. JUDY TURNER to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: Is he satisfied that the Government's investment in health research is consistent with its concomitant commitment to preventative health care?
8. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Does she have any major concerns relating to her portfolio; if so, what is she doing to address these concerns?
9. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What recent reports has he received on the number of New Zealanders needing the support of an unemployment benefit?
10. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the Minister of Transport: Does he view the Resource Management Act 1991 as an obstacle to overcoming Auckland's transport problems; if not, why not?
11. HELEN DUNCAN to the Minister of Labour: What reports has he received which compare employment conditions under the respective employment laws of Australia and New Zealand?
12. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Justice: What action does the Government intend to take as a result of the awarding of $1,200 to an inmate whose feelings were hurt?
Questions to Members
1. Hon KEN SHIRLEY to the Chairperson of the Fisheries and Other Sea-related Legislation Committee: How many written submissions has the committee received on the Foreshore and Seabed Bill, and how many of these has he requested be heard?