Questions for Oral Answer - Wednesday, 1 December
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Wednesday, 1 December 2004
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Associate Minister of Education (Tertiary Education): Does he have confidence in the ethical judgments and management action taken by Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology Chief Executive, John Scott, with regard to conflicts of interest at that polytechnic; if so, why?
2. MARTIN GALLAGHER to the Minister of Justice: What changes is he proposing to the Proceeds of Crime Act 1991 and why?
3. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Labour: Is he satisfied that the Department of Labour sets a good example for New Zealand employers; if so, why?
4. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Prime Minister: Is she satisfied with her Government's handling of the Civil Union Bill, in light of her 2002 election manifesto commitment to introduce such legislation?
5. KENNETH WANG to the Minister of Finance: How many new taxes, levies or duties, or increases to taxes, levies or duties, have there been since he became Minister of Finance, and how many more are planned?
6. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Education: What steps is he taking to lift the quality of early childhood education?
7. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Maori Affairs: What advice, if any, has he received from his department on the proportion of the foreshore and seabed that is expected to be set aside as foreshore and seabed reserves as a result of the Foreshore and Seabed Act 2004?
8. HELEN DUNCAN to the Associate Minister of Labour: What new entitlements are available to parents, effective from today, under the Parental Leave and Employment Protection Amendment Act 2004?
9. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister for the Environment: When will the Government identify, register and ensure the clean-up of contaminated sites around New Zealand?
10. DARREN HUGHES to the Associate Minister of Health: What response has he received to the public forums that he has chaired on 'P', alcohol and other drugs?
11. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: Will the Government continue Treaty settlements giving iwi preferential tender rights to aquaculture space; if so, why is that, when all iwi will get up to 40 per cent of new space under the Aquaculture Reform Bill anyway?
12. PETER BROWN to the Minister of
Transport: What is the total amount that the Government is
prepared to contribute towards the Tauranga Harbour Link
project under what has been reported as being the preferred
package representing a "collaborative funding approach"?