Questions for Oral Answer - 10 March 2005
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Thursday, 10 March 2005
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Can she confirm her statement to the House yesterday that she had not in fact been advised that the impact of the Working for Families package on a five percent pay increase for a worker with two children earning $50,000 and receiving an accommodation supplement would only be $5.20 per week; if so, does she have any plans to review the package in order to ensure that more of the benefits of any wage increases flow to the worker rather than to her Government?
2. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Minister of Police: Is he satisfied that the police force has a healthy culture?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Associate Minister of Education: Does he agree with the view expressed in the PPTA report, Teachers talk about NCEA, that, "The external moderation system, which is the quality assurance process for the internally assessed components of the qualification, lacks credibility with the vast majority of teachers." and "there were huge concerns about the quality and reliability of external assessment."; if not, why not?
4. MARK PECK to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Has he received any reports on the recent performance of Kiwibank?
5. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: Has his department had any reason to question aspects of Jim Peron's original residency application under the Employees of Relocating Businesses Category; if so, what are they?
6. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Education: Has he received any reports on the effect of Government moves to reduce the amount of money spent on classification 5.1 community education courses; if so, what do they say?
7. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Minister of Police: What has been the total cost to date, including staff time, of the police investigation announced in February last year into historical rape allegations against the police, and what has been achieved?
8. LARRY BALDOCK to the Minister of Transport: How much does the Government pay for the ongoing health and social costs of road accidents over and above those met by the Accident Compensation Corporation?
9. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: Does she agree that it is "immoral and unethical" to change cancer patients' adjuvant therapy as a "cost cutting measure", as was alleged by the daughter of Mrs Frances Borich last month; if not, why not?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Police: Were there any police cars in the vicinity of Forrest Hill, North Shore, at approximately 1350 hours on 20 December 2004 that were able to respond to any urgent request for back up assistance in the area, but did not do so; if so, for what reason did they not respond?
11. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Police: How many staff were employed at the Police Communications Centres as at 1 March for each year since 2001?
12. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Tourism: What announcements has he made recently concerning the implementation of the New Zealand Tourism Strategy?